Tuesday, February 9, 2010

Fleeting Bird

what is a fleeting bird?

I meant for this song to be something of a riddle, but I never had too many people venture guesses at what it meant... actually I dont think I had anyone venture guesses.

When I wrote this song, almost immediately there were two versions
I still dont know how that happened or which came first,
was I dreaming when I wrote this? do I have multiple personalities?
no. I just have seriously embarrassing memory problems.
------------------------------------

the version most people voted for has been deemed
Version A [-for obvious reasons.]
to me it sounds like a younger time, like you were just figuring out what fleeting bird even meant, and now you are about to go out into the world.

Version A {download me}

Version B, I much preferred..
but it didnt receive any good feedback so I took it off purevolume to save space for so many new projects.
It sounds like looking back.. like someone much closer to death, having lost a lot of opportunities already and considering the last few before the hourglass is empty, you know?

Version B {download me}

-Megan

1 comment:

May-Belle said...

I guessed! I love this piece.