Friday, February 12, 2010

flora/fauna

Housekeeping. I am, as of now, going through the old songs and trying to be diligent about tightening up loose ends.. -also finishing a good number of the songs that I recorded as skeletons. This proves to be........... a lot harder than I thought it would be. Why is it so much easier to record something the day you write it?

attempt no. 1

When I started recording, way back when..
the comment I got most often was that the guitar is too loud so we cant hear the words. I managed to move out of that phase for a while but I think Im back in it again. I dunno.. when I stop paying attention, it eventually lends itself to shoegaze, and honestly I just cant get enough of that.
-not to say that Im particularly pleased with the wall of sound present in the second half of this song... I definitely envisioned it differently,
-but I could easily say the same of every song Ive ever tried recording.

note to self: how did I end up with more loose ends than when I started?

3 comments:

fen said...

wow, I still like the original a whole lot better. less spastic, more dynamic.

Suiko-Sama said...

I refuse to be the greatest self-acclaimed stalker i am when it comes to strangers, but i can't help it. Your songs are too good for me to not stalk you.

Not in a bad way.

(Like Googling Megan Feniak and found this blog. No. Trying to find your videos on Youtube but ended up in Facebook and found the link to your blog)

(Seriously, explaining this make me look like a stalker even more)

Can i have lyrics for all the song?

(unless you've already posted it, i'll find them myself)

I cannot stop listening to especially The Seasons In right now.

Pretty please and thank you.

Suiko-Sama said...

:D

You should set up an account at uvumi.com, if you don't mind having a bunch of music accounts to handle :)
Most of the thesixtyoners moved there after the disaster that is the hideous user-unfriendly layout.

Googled(Youtubed and Wikied) Patrick Watson because never heard of him before, and...

Your friend is crazy. I am a mere speck of dust compared to that godliness!

Posting the lyrics here would be just fine, and thank you :)